Because it might not be for long. I MAY have a job. A temporary job, but a job nonetheless. It's more of a marketing manager type job, and I'm actually looking forward to it. It sucks that I will be working all summer now, but DUDE....I need some structure in my life. I feel like I've been on a long, anxious, crazy vacation. Good at times, bad at times....and even though I really love sleeping in, riding around town on my bike, hanging out with buddies when they call off and all that....I need a bit of normalcy. I mean, you might think I'm just a crazy drunk (ahem...mom)....but I'm really not. When I have a job, I have a curfew, a bed time and chores. I like to come home during the week, make dinner, work out, run any errands or do laundry....then maybe watch a little tv and go to bed early. And I like to relax on my weekends, or clean the house...go to bed bath and beyond and home depot, if i have time (seriously...busy little saturdays!). Of course I like to have fun and be crazy every once in a while...but I'm more about happy hour and being home by ten then I am about going out at ten and coming home at bar close. I don't think I've been out that late in a long time.
Anyway, back to the job. It's temporary as I said, taking the place of someone who will be back in September. But it may turn into something long-term if things work out and they find a way to keep me. So...we will see. Either way, I'm excited for the opportunity.
I probably shouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. She said she is offering me the job, but I haven't received the offer letter yet. So I probably wrote all of this and then will find out that the company vanished off the face of the earth and I'm back to my crazy unstructured life.
One benefit of that unstructured craziness is my Tuesday this week. It was GREAT. If I do get this job, Tuesday will be the perfect end to my unemployment, because it was one of the most perfect summer days. I will say that even after I get a job, I still want to enjoy days like this as much as i can. Summer in Cleveland is just too short not to.
Nikki had off (I know...the girl gets a lot of days off!) and we rode our bikes downtown early in the morning...around 9:30. We had a nice bike ride, then got back to our apartments and changed. We got our bathing suits on, packed up a cooler, ate a quick lunch and headed off to wendy park at whiskey island. We laid out on our sweet ass lounge chairs by the lake, drank brooklyn summer ales and had the best time just talking, watching the boats on the water and getting some sun. After many hours in the sun, we went home, showered, and met up again to walk to El Jalepeno for some margaritas and dinner. It was the perfect ending to a very wonderful summer day. We usually always get regular margaritas on the rocks....but we felt adventurous and got some frozen margaritas (I got mango....mmmm). And we had guacamole and chile relleno and yummy fun times.
Nickels
KristyBy the way, Kristy Nickles is our arch-nemesis name. It's like her and I in bizarro world. I can't stand when people call me Kristy, and she, for some reason, gets called Nickel all the time (who calls someone nickel?). So, yeah, why not embrace the things we hate? We are going to open a store called "Seriously Sweet by Kristy Nickels". No idea what we will sell yet, but I'm sure it will be fun city.
And when I say that we are going to open a store, I mean that we probably won't actually do it, but we will talk about it forever.
Because when asked what day it is, we will both always say "October".
Which is also when I may be unemployed again. Coincidence?

1 comment:
and now i suddenly feel the need to watch old school. thanks.
Post a Comment