Nikki took off work on Friday and we ran around town. We went to the mall in the N.O. to get our friend Beth a wedding present, and then brought my sister into our crazy world by using her truck and her muscles to help move a table. We had to go to nikki's cousin's house (whose last name is Sinatra, how cool is that?) and pick up the table and load it into Kathy's truck. When we got there, her cousin was outside and Nikki introduced me.
Nikki: "this is krissy"
Mr. Sinatra: "oh....right...Krissy. Isn't she your wife?"
Nikki: yeah...(laughs)
Krissy: (laughs and shakes his hand)
Mr. Sinatra: "well, this is awkward."
UM...IS IT? Is it awkward? why? I think he thinks that we are really gay for each other. I mean, I love Nikki...but this whole wife thing is just a joke. We were just being facebook idiots. We are not married to each other.
So now as I'm wondering why it's awkward, I'm thinking...."oh my GOD. I'm meeting the family". And then it DID feel awkward. Later on she texted him to make sure he didn't think we were gay lovers. He said he didn't....but I'm not convinced.
After I met my wife's family, my sister, Nikki and I went to Great Lakes for a snack and some delicious beers. It doesn't get any more delicious than Great Lakes beer. Mmmm. My sister and Nikki ordered a beer, and I ordered a fucking sampler. Yes, the broke unemployed girl orders a sampler for HERSELF. Well, they had three new beers and I had to try them, so why not have all nine?
Those beers will get you good. But instead of enjoying a good afternoon of beer drinking and calling it a day (like my sister did...she is much smarter than I am) we decided to find another bar where we could keep drinking, but for less money.
Oh, but first we all stopped at Big Fun..the one they just opened in Lakewood. The big dancing robot almost hit my sister in the face and we walked around laughing at all the crazy stuff. It's been years since I've been to the Coventry store....and my sister has never been. So yeah...good times. then she went home and nikki and i had to make a decision. Which sucks for either of us. Especially when we are trying to figure out where to drink.
Once you get the good beer taste going, it's hard to switch to miller lite. But, after the good beers it's hard to afford even miller lite. Not at the Riverwood at the west end of lakewood. I saw their ad in Scene so we went and checked it out. They have a long happy hour from 4-9, and all pints of beer off the tap are $2. And the beers they have on tap are great! a couple different Great Lakes beers, Dogfish Head, Bells, Blue Moon, Guinness...2 bucks! I also checked out their menu and it is pretty reasonably priced. Quesadillas are 5.50, while the bar a few doors down charges almost ten. So yeah, that is a good thing to know. I can still afford good beer, if only from 4 to 9 on weekdays.
I woke up on Saturday hungover, got a call from Nikki that her car was towed (we are obviously both idiots), and then we had to be at Beth's wedding at 11am. We stopped at McDonalds and threw some crap down our throats so we wouldn't pass out during the ceremony, and made it there a few minutes early. Nice.
Beth looked beautiful and the wedding was really nice. It was at Coe Lake in Berea, in a pavilion overlooking the lake with a violinist playing. Very pretty. Then we walked over to the pavilion, had a very upscale picnic and afterwards left to go to a brewery in Berea called Cornerstone (I think). As much as we didn't want to drink ever again when we woke up, we knew the only thing that could make us feel better was beer. And it did. Yummy.
It was an early wedding, so we left the brewery around 4 or 5. The rest of the night was a blur that involved stopping at the witches grave (seriously?), another bar, a burger, and many more beers.
my lesbian lover and I
with beautiful bethro tullI woke up sunday like a train drove into my skull. I have been in detox mode ever since. Seriously. I have not had cigarettes, alcohol or coffee in 3 whole days! I am going to try to make it two more...and then I think that will beat my record of the longest I have gone without beer since I was...oh....thirteen maybe?
I don't know what is worse about that last sentence...the fact that five days will be the longest I've gone without beer, or that I started drinking at 13. Jeez.
So yeah...that's it. That's actually the short version. I would tell you the long version.....but I don't remember it :)

No comments:
Post a Comment