Tuesday, June 30, 2009

RIP, PYT

Oh, Michael Jackson. I'm not going to get into a big long thing about it (I think i did enough of that on facebook) but I will say that I felt, and still feel, very sad. As much as he became a weird ass baby-dangling plastic white dude, there was always still that place in my little heart for him. I mean, I LOVED Michael. My sisters and I all loved him. He was so cute :) We got the Thriller record from our parents, and we would open it up and stare at the spread of him in the white suit with the baby tiger (It's actually just like that on my table right now...I haven't moved it since he died. is that creepy?). Then we would put it on the pool table, and we would all dance around it to "Beat It" and "Billie Jean". I know it sounds lame...because, well it is. But we were like little kids, okay? Jeez.

Anyway...he was the coolest. And I grew up on MTV. From day one, I was hooked. And if anyone built that station, it was MJ and Madonna. And I was in love with both of them. When I got the call from my dad that he died, I told a few people and then found out that he wasn't pronounced dead yet, that he was in the hospital. My dad got the news from TMZ. Oh, sweet. TMZ. that's a reliable fucking source. But....they were the ones that broke the story. You know why? Because they are FUCKING STALKERS. AND, since they have no credibility, they don't need a credible source to confirm the news. Anyway, the moment that CNN switched from "Michael Jackson in the hospital" to "Micheal Jackson is dead"...I got all teary, and the storm that started blew my door shut, and then my power went out! It was creepy!

I wanted to have my own private dance party to his music, but I couldn't find any of my CDs (soooo pissed, because now they are probably 8 million dollars. I want my Off the Wall back, damnit), and I tried to hook up my record player but I am missing the AC adapter. SWEET. then i thought, wait a minute. It would only be fitting to watch MTV right now, considering that is the medium where i fell in love with him. And what do you know, they canceled all their stupid ass, "i'm 16 and pregnant" shows to play Michael Jackson videos. Well, they fucking better! He deserved it. I mean, the dude could make choreographed dance moves while he and his buddies were dressed as thugs. Who else could pull that off?

Of course, they only played videos for a few hours. Then the idiot news guy came on and interviewed people on the phone and in person for a few minutes, then he would say they are going to play a video, only to play 15 seconds of it and come back to talking about it. it was infuriating. They even cut to celebrity twitter comments, including what Miley Cyrus and Lindsay Lohan had to say. WHO CARES!

So then my wine-infused dance party ended. It was probably a good thing. I haven't been paying attention to Michael lately, but in his death I am reminded of how much he helped to shape my childhood. It doesn't feel exactly right to make someone's death about you, but then again, it says a lot about a person that had such an impact on so many other people. I cried when he died. CRIED. I watched his videos and danced and cried (it was an amazing sight). Anyway, I felt like a piece of my childhood died with him.

If Madonna dies soon, I might as well buy depends and a spare set of teeth, because my youth will be totally gone.

Well, not totally. David Lee Roth is still around. Although he pretty much died a long time ago. Have you seen him? He looks like a skeleton. Okay, maybe not that bad. But he is sooo not the guy I had a huge crush on when I was a kid. Why did I have a huge crush on him? No idea. He was pretty?

So yeah...did I say I wasn't going to get in a big long thing about Michael Jackson? Did you actually believe that I could write something that wasn't long-winded? :)

Well, today is rainy and actually, not crappy. I'm liking it. I slept in...and sleeping in while it's dark and rainy is soooo nice. I'm still in my pjs drinking coffee and it's almost 1PM. I think I am going to have arts and crafts day....maybe do some painting, make some hair clips...who knows.

I bought some ferns on clearance from Giant Eagle the other day ($2.50 each!) so I re-potted them yesterday and they are hanging on my balcony, all pretty and shit. And now that it rained, they are super green and alive. So I think I am naming them Billie and Jean, in honor of buddy. He's still alive to me.

Yes, I'm lame. So what! The names are set. When you pass by my house, say hi to my ferns, and do a big ups to little MJ.

1 comment:

nikki said...

DLR WAS pretty, I used to hug my pillow and pretend it was him in the first grade....that's totally messed up. I mean I was SIX! Anyways, I loved MJ but not nearly as much as Madonna...if Madonna died a part of me would die too. I guess that's pretty F'd up to say but it's true