Thursday, June 11, 2009

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of my coffee cup

I woke up today, and read the post I wrote last night, and was like...."I wrote a blog?". Yeah, don't drink the beast and attempt to write things. Or else you will end up drawing a tiny American flag on a post-it with sharpies and taking a picture of yourself with your shitty camera phone, and then going on facebook and telling people to read your crappy blog. What the fuck. Who does that. And even better that I tried to take a picture of my shirt....and if you didn't notice I have boobs, sooo....yes, I look like a myspace prostitute.

I didn't even drink that much. It just hit me like a truck yesterday. I guess that's what happens when you have beer for dinner.

So, after I woke up, and before I realized I wrote a blog, I made some coffee. I looked around for the coffee cup I have been using for the past few days (why keep washing them after one use? a little rinse-out and you're good for at least a few days. I mean, there might be a little coffee rim on the inside of the cup where you stopped drinking the day before...but so what. is that gross?) The point is....I can't find it. To quote my parents when we were growing up, "well Krissy, it didn't just get up and walk away". Knowing full well that my coffee cup does not have legs, I was determined to find the thing. After ten minutes, I almost gave up as I reached for a new mug....but then thought, "maybe it's in the dishwasher".

Um, I don't have a dishwasher. Only once have I had the luxury that is a dishwasher, and that was YEARS ago. So, why would i even think that? The beast. It makes you retarded. Anyway, my apartment isn't that big. Where the fuck is my coffee cup? After I gave myself a "man, you are an idiot" look because of the dishwasher thought, I did in fact have to break down and use another one. Stupid ninja coffee cup....all stealthy and shit.

And actually, the mug that apparently walked away has the logo of my old company on it. Hmmm. Maybe it's hiding from me just like jobs in Cleveland are hiding from me. They must be in cahoots.

Or maybe jobs in Cleveland are hiding from me because I crawl out of bed at noon after drinking Milwuakees best and spend ten minutes trying to find a coffee cup that is probably right in front of my fucking face.

Seriously.

I do love sleeping in on rainy days though. I love cuddling with Bunny while the rain falls and I hear little traces of thunder. So peaceful. And now I am sitting at my computer, with the windows open, looking outside and listening to the cars swish through the rain on the street. After this I think I will go sit on my balcony with the Free Times and my CLEAN coffee cup (do you hear that, other cup? you are dirty!) and read and relax.

Actually, that kind of makes me want to check out Lakewood's semi-new library. That would be perfect on a day like today. I'm sure I'll have some stories after that. Although it can't be as crazy as the downtown library where the homeless people hang out. no offense to homeless people, but DUDE. It does NOT smell good in there. Yikes. Plus one guy literally stalked me out...not in a "I'm afraid for my life" kind of way, but in a "clown at the circus" kind of way. Creepy. He placed his face behind every book I pulled out. If I moved up to pull a book out, so did he. If I moved over two rows, he followed me. yeah....something about that guy was not right.

So....I'm willing to see what the Lakewood library has in store. I need some new books. Maybe they will keep me from writing drunk blogs :)

1 comment:

Stephanie Ricca said...

I used to love Lakewood library, but it is So. F-ing. Hot. in that place that I can't stay there longer than 5 minutes. So if you discovered anything good besides the first-floor "new releases" room, let me know. I'll plan my next 5-minute visit accordingly.