Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Blog City!

Friday I finally got to drink coffee, drink beer and smoke cigarettes. It was a glorious day. Then I woke up on Saturday, and that was not so glorious. OUCH.

The rest of the weekend was nice and relaxing. I barely drank anything, and I didn't care. I only had two beers at the parents on sunday for the father's day festivities. Yes, festivities. If you know my dad, he loooooves his day. It was fun city.

Where is fun city, you ask? Wherever there is some fun happening, my friend. Beer city? Wherever the beer is flowing like cold streams of love.

My dad says "city" after almost everything, and it has kind of caught on in my house. He has this ability to start saying some goofy shit and then the next thing you know you are talking the same way, and so are your friends. Everything nikki and I say has "city" after it now, thanks to mi poppa.

And the word "stoop", if you can actually call it a word, is something he has said for years. He calls everyone a stoop. Even my cute little niece and nephew call me a stoop now. They will probably call someone a stoop at school someday, and the other kid will be like, "um.....huh? I'm a small step?".

Also, we make this weird noise, that I can only write as "umph", although there is sort of an mmmmm sound and a clicky sound involved. I think my mom is the only one who doesn't do it, but the rest of us are crazy with it. I mean, it's really a weird thing to behold if you aren't a part of my family, and then you come over and observe us. We should be in the zoo. I think it probably gets annoying to other people, but we just can't stop. It probably doesn't help that everyone but my mom has OCD (and yes, kathy....you have it!). We have had ten minute conversations at the dinner table just saying "umph". WEIRDOS.

Last but not least, poop and pee. Yes, my family, including the adults (especially the adults), uses the words "poop" and "pee"....and quite often, I might add. Again, not my mom. She's the normal one. "Hey dad, what do you want for father's day?" gets this response: "um, how about poop and pee?"

Right. We're normal.

Speaking of my amazing and goofy family, today I spent the day babysitting the kids. YES, i can be domestic! They are so frickin' cute...but man, I am exhausted! I don't know how my mom and dad did it with five kids. I got there today at around 10 am and left at around 5. We cleaned my nephew's room, played guitar hero (I'm not a big fan, but the kids like it), had a snack, got dressed, went to my parents house down the street to use the slip'n'slide, got bathing suits and sunscreen on, played in the water, took a break and made lunch, put on more sunscreen, went back outside to play....then my dad came home around 2 and we played with water balloons...and then went back inside and played in the basement with puzzles, nerf guns, coloring books......WOW. That is wayyyy more than i usually do in a day! Don't get me wrong, I had a great time....i loooooove those kids so much....but I went home and TOOK A NAP. Seriously. I crashed! I'm thinking they might be in bed early too....then again, I'm old.

I have some stories about the great summer day fun time Nikki and I had yesterday....but I'm too tired to keep writing. Time to watch Chopped and eat some peach cobbler. So what if i watch the food network at night? So what if I watch the food network and HGTV all day long? See.....I am soooo domestic. If I was an old grandma, I would have an apron on all the time, carry a wooden spoon, and shoo the neighborhood kids away with a broom when they caused trouble with their shenanigans. Then I would make sauce at all times, bake cakes and pinch my grandkids on the cheeks and say "mangia!" and give them all kinds of goodies to eat. Actually, that last part sort of sounds like my aunt nancy. Always giving us sweets and telling us how cute we were. I miss her! I like when people give me sweets and tell me I'm cute. Too bad she's not around....GOD rest her soul. Her and my uncle picky were so great.

Actually, I would probably be the crotchety old lady who picks fights with people at the bmv when they won't renew my license, even though I probably wouldn't be able to drive worth a shit at that point.

Oh, old people.

Speaking of....I know it's only 9pm, but it's almost bed time! and my Aunt Nancy would want me to eat this cobbler while it's hot! So.....I'm out :)

1 comment:

mickeyriv said...

i, quite literally, am in bed no later than 11. ever. including weekends. and i'm ok with it.