My sister Kathy suckered me into going to shop for fabric with her...by asking me if I wanted to go get dinner. I said yes, and then she knew I was free so she said, "oh, by the way, you are coming with me to get fabric".
sweet. fabric shopping. with kathy, who is just as indecisive as me. the difference is that I will at one point just say "fuck it" and put off making the decision, while she HAS to make the decision by the time she choses or the world will blow up.
it actually wasn't that bad. i mean, what do i actually have to do? sit in my apartment and watch the same five episodes of family guy they play on tbs over and over again?
well, she decided to put off the decision, and we went to one of the best mexican restaurants around, El Jalapeno (If you are from the AK, it's very much like Mariachis or El Rincon). After the much debated "should we get a pitcher, or just a glass?" conversation that ALWAYS turns into ordering a pitcher....we ate a lot of chips, some food (and only spent about 20 bucks a piece...not bad)..and drank some yummy margaritas.
Kathy of course wants to go back to Jo-Ann Fabrics, because now she has her heart set on something and just wants to get it over with. Of course, I go with her, because AGAIN, what do I have to do? (Seriously.) We are a little buzzed from the margaritas and we go back to the store. Then we bring the fabric up to the very nice lady who helped us figure out how much we needed, told us it was on sale, and that she didn't even need as much as she thought. Sweet. Then kathy told her that we were actually in the store earlier, but we got drunk and came back. She actually thought it was funny and pretty much said she was jealous, so the lady at Jo-Ann fabrics became my new favorite person.
As we were standing in line, we were both grumbling about how full we were. I mean, we didn't eat that much food, but those margaritas always make you feel like you just want to roll around on the ground and whine. or just keep drinking. maybe the key is not stopping? that doesn't sound right.
I decided that I would make a very cute pregnant chic. I mean, I just push my gut out, and start rubbing it and arching my back like it's a real burden getting around...and people would probably be like, "wow, look at the cute little pregnant chic".
And yeah.....I'm naming her Margarita.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment