1. Carlo Rossi jugs of wine. You can get a 1.5 liter small jug for $5.99. That's like two bottles of wine. And if you somehow polish off a bottle of wine in a night and get sad when there is no more, like me, this is a deal. I am sort of partial to their Paisano wine. Not amazing wine by any means....but cheap as shit. And if you buy their Sangria, you can pour that into a pitcher, throw in some cheap rum, some soda water, and a couple pieces of fruit (apples, oranges and limes are cheap)....and you have a great summer drink to share with your buddies. And it's under fifteen bucks.
2. Miller High Life Light. The Champagne of Beers. It's like $6.81 for a twelve-pack, and although it's not the best beer ever, it's better than Busch or Natty. And it's much better than feeling like you are in college drinking warm Busch or Natty on some random person's porch. Plus it's still just as cheap. It's like the grown-ups' cheap beer. Plus they almost have this weird trendy following now, like PBR does. So it won't make you feel like a total loser when you have a twelve-pack of high life in your cart at the grocery store and you run into someone you know that actually HAS a job. And you can get it in Light now, so you won't turn into a huge fat ass now that you drink all day.
3. Gilbey's London Dry Gin. I like gin and tonic. Something I thought I would have to do without for a while. But, at $8.95 a bottle, this isn't bad. My favorite is Bombay and tonic, but of course that's a little too pricey for me these days. This does not taste as delicious as Bombay. But if you throw some tonic and a lime in there, it's still pretty good.
4. 8 O'Clock Coffee. I really like good coffee. So, when I lost my job, I attempted to just get the cheapest stuff I could find. I found target brand coffee for 2 or 3 bucks. It was NOT good. So, seeing that I am going to be home all day drinking coffee, I decided I had to find something better. The 8 o'clock coffee is delicious. And it's cheap. It's about 4 dollars, and at Marc's it's two for seven. $3.50 a bag! pretty good....although you have to hang out with all the old people at Marc's during the day. It's like their hood. they love it. Anyway, I buy either the Colombian or the Dark Italian Roast (I know, just because I'm italian doesn't mean I have to buy everything italian)...I buy it in whole bean, and grind it right there. It's so much fun! I was so excited when I did it the first time. You would not believe how many stupid things excite a person who has nothing to do.
5. Drink the Kool-aid. Okay, I know. I'm not five. but sometimes, after drinking Carlo Rossi or high life, I wake up with a thirst that water just does not seem to quench. I need some sugar. or something. But buying gatorade, iced tea, pop or vitamin water can get expensive. So, I found that they sell sugar-free grape kool-aid (sugar-free so that I don't gain a hundred pounds from drinking sugared water all day long. not that the jug of wine that I drank the night before helps any). It's just under three bucks, and it comes with six packets. You pour the packet in a pitcher, and then add water. It says to add two quarts, but I stretch my money even farther by adding more. I don't like it super sugary anyway, so it tastes good and lasts a lot longer. It's great because you don't have to buy granulated sugar to add to it, and it's much better for you anyway. I think it even says that it's a good source of vitamin c. how about that.

I went to go take a picture and realized that I seriously have all of this right now. I also realized that I drank almost the whole jug of wine last night. Yikes.

4 comments:
This picture right here is why we are besties.
carlo rossi....oh the nights we have spent together...
I'm much more of a fan of the box wine at Target. Seriously--it's pretty decent stuff. I think it's $15 for the equivalent of 4 bottles-o-vino. The Pinot Grigio is a good'n.
hell yeah it is nikki!
and 15 bucks for four bottles sounds like the best deal yet. i'll have to check it out :)
yeah, carlo rossi is a jerk for making me drink so much. a delicious jerk.
Post a Comment