Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My sister, Mrs. Hartline

Draft day is approaching, and it's one of my favorite days of the year. Same with my dad. We get to the bar early and just get drunk as we wait for the Browns pick. If you are a Browns fan, it's usually the best day of the season. One of the only days that you actually have hope. heh.

So, I'm very curious to see who the Browns pick, with this new regime, or as my dad likes to call the new coach/gm duo, "Man-kok".

A lot of people seem to think we are going to take Orakpo...which would be good. We do need to hook up that D line. Then again, we need just about EVERYTHING. I don't think we should waste an early pick on a QB that we don't know what he will be like, when we already have a QB that we don't know what he is really like. You can't judge BQ on last year. Last year was a f#@king mess. I don't want to blame it all on romeo, but that coaching staff was just awful and frustrating to watch.

Crabtree would be great. I know he's got the boot thing on his foot, but I think he will be fine. Even with that I think he'll be a top 5 pick..at least top ten. I saw him on the cover of ESPN magazine with the quote, "I could probably run a 4.4 with crutches". Now that is confidence.

The Browns will probably pick him, and his leg will fall off or something. Heh.

I am going to try not to be the self-hating pessimistic Browns fan as much this year...but is there any other such thing? I mean, it is HARD to be optimistic.

Anyway, someone sent me an article about the Browns picks, and I stumbled across this picture:




That is Brian Hartline, from OSU. And the girl he's faux-banging is his fiance or something. Okay, no big deal, right?

This is my sister Kathy:




Wow. She is going to hate me for putting this up here....but, seriously??? I think she has a twin somewhere in Columbus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha, that Bri....he's a goofball.