Thursday, April 16, 2009

Livin' the high life

The other night I went downtown with a few friends for half-price sushi at Sushi Rock. Being broke, I thought it would be a great way to still enjoy some really great food, even though I'm on a limited budget.

Wait, I am on a fixed income. How funny is that. Oh my GOD, I'm turning into an old lady. I WAS watching the weather channel today. And I do hang out at the drugstore in the middle of the day.

wow.

anyway, back to half-price sushi. It was really, really great. And really cheap. A 6-piece maki roll was only 3 bucks. So my friends and I got a few different rolls and did some splitsies. Again, really yummy. The problem is that my beer was $4.50. $4.50, seriously? They actually have half-price martinis and beer specials during the week for happy hour, just not on half-price sushi day. Wtf. They probably figure that losing a little money on the sushi evens out when they aren't losing it on the drinks. Jerks.

Needless to say, I got one beer. Sigh. Very unlike me.

If I could learn to just drink water during dinner, that would be a really great deal. But I'm an alcoholic....so.....yeah.

:)

The weather in Cleveland went from cold and snowy to sunny and 60! yay. spring is here. finally! I probably shouldn't speak too soon, but for now I'm trying to enjoy every moment.

I went on a bike ride the other day to the gym; it was great. But I noticed that the amount of people in the gym during the day has at least doubled. That either means that more strippers and bartenders are starting to work out, or that there are more unemployed 9-5ers that need a hobby.

Also, I bet miller high life sales are up. I saw two different people grab a 12-pack as I was walking towards the beer aisle. Two people in less than a minute! And I grabbed the last pack of light. I actually stepped up the pace as I walked towards it before someone else took it. Then, as I looked around like I was stealing something, I grabbed the beer and pictured myself all out fighting over the last one with some other broke chic.

The way this economy is going, I feel like that could actually happen...physically fighting with another person over the last gallon of distilled water at the grocery store. I know...I'm a paranoid freak.

But i better keep my gym membership, just in case.

No comments: