Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"I'm growing my hair out"

At least that's what I'm telling people. In reality, I'm really just too broke to spend forty bucks on a haircut. sigh.

I have been letting it "grow out" for so long that the ends are ready to break off themselves and jump into a bottle of lotion. I'm not even going to get into my roots/highlights ratio. I am making trailer trash chics jealous.

It figures because it usually takes people a really long time to find a hair stylist that they like and that they trust. Maybe not everyone, but it sure did for me. One of my ex's friends, Andrea, just started working at this cute little salon and she is just amazing. The salon is adorable.

And now I can't afford to go. Boo. But for now...I think I have found an answer. I was looking in the Gold Clipper or something and they had a coupon for a beauty salon that does facials, manicures, pedicures, and all sorts of salon services for super super cheap. Did I say it was a salon? I meant beauty SCHOOL. There was a coupon for a haircut for $5.50. Seriously? There may be hope for me after all.

You might say, "DUDE. I don't want a student cutting my hair. They don't know what they're doing". And I have a few things to say to that.

1. I've had HORRIBLE haircuts from people that have been doing it for years.
2. They might have some cool new ideas.
3. It sure beats getting drunk and doing it myself, which was my next plan of action.

If all you need is a trim, (which I do), why spend 45 bucks when you can spend 15? especially when you have A. no job and B. no money?

So....if you need a haircut and you are unemployed like me, look into beauty schools. It might be a good way to go. Or....you could wait until I go to find out whether I have a horror story for you or not :)

To be continued....

No comments: