I still don't have a job. And it's not like I'm even able to apply for that many jobs......because there are NONE. There is maybe one graphic design job every three weeks, and I'm assuming every unemployed graphic designer in northeast Ohio sends in their resume. So...it's tough. I am applying for all sorts of shit, just to keep my unemployment benefits and hope that maybe someone will get crazy and call me. So far that hasn't happened.
I have been discouraged. I didn't realize that the economy was really this bad. You hear things all the time, and then it happens to you and you're caught off guard for some reason. I was so shocked...it was horrible. I went through a "maybe this is a good thing" phase...and then after seeing that there are no jobs, my health insurance is gone and I have only been on one interview.....YIKES. You go through the "moping around like a loser" phase.
Now that reality has set in, and my optimism/pessimism has reached a realistic balance.....I'm going to try not to be discouraged. I'm trying to use this time to reflect on my life and what I really want to do. Maybe I want to go back to school. Maybe I want to change careers. Maybe I want to sell beads on the beach in Cancun. I don't even know yet.
So I figured, why walk around in my robe all day drinking coffee and letting these thoughts pile up in my brain like litter after a tailgate party? I might as well throw it out there. Not that you are going to want to read my trash....but I seriously need something to do.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment