The Browns Draft.
I actually think it went well. At first I was a little upset with picking a center with our first pick (when we finally did pick)...but the more I thought about it and talked about it with people, I realized that maybe it's good to be able to protect your QB, eh? I just hope to GOD it's Brady Quinn and not DA. I can't watch another season with Anderson. And again, not that it's all his fault...but I really would like a fresh start and just get rid of all the traces of Romeo's coaching staff.
Draft Day.
Many beers were consumed. See below picture.

Yeah.
LeBron James, MVP.
It's about time! I mean, if he didn't get it this year, there would have been rioting. You can't say that anyone else is more valuable than LBJ right now.

I sooo want to have this man's babies. And not because of the money. Because of his absolute AMAZINGNESS.
The Cavs.
I am so nervous. I mean, the fact that it looks like we can win this whole thing scares the shit out of me. I'm a Cleveland fan, how can i not be scared? The drive? the fumble? The shot? Jose fucking mesa? Yeah.....I'm nervous. But if we do win this, (and if ANYONE in this city can do it it's LeBron), this city is going to be electric! So I'm insaneley excited and love watching them play....but instead of jumping up in the air just yet....I still have one foot on the ground, just in case.
Favre.
I love the guy. But....don't you think playing for the Vikings will sort of ruin his whole Green Bay legacy? Is he THAT bitter with them? I mean, I'll continue to cheer the guy on if he does play for the Vikes. But, if it was Cleveland instead of Green Bay, and a long time Superbowl winning beloved QB (maybe like Kosar if he played longer and won the Superbowl) left after all those years to play for the Steelers, I would be pretty ticked off.
And, of course, from my Anima:
Baking.
I am in a cake and cookie baking mood. I have a list of some essentials that I need to buy in order to make some homemade cakes and cookies....and I think after i have those I am just going to start conducting baking experiments in my kitchen. You should stop by, I'll be the crazy girl covered in flour with cakes all over her apartment.
Pink.
(Not the singer/songwriter.) I feel that my subconscious is making me buy all sorts of pink colored items to compensate for the fact that I am otherwise a boy. I mean, okay, not literally. I do not have a penis. I just don't know why I know who the back-up QB for the Washington Redskins is, or how I know what a safety does, or how I know who Gambit is and what he does, or why I like putting furniture together or why I like beer so much. But then I don't know how to style my hair, or who is wearing Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses on the red carpet, or what the fuck dolce & gabbana even is, or how to sew or whether or not Brad Pitt is still with Angelina Jolie. But then...the craziest thing happened. Everything started to balance out some years ago when I became seriously obsessed with pink. The 20-year old version of myself would have kicked my own ass for coordinating my pink polo with a pink polka-dot hair clip and pink sparkly flip flops. Then again, the 20-year old version of myself wore combat boots, enormous band t-shirts and listened to death metal. I think I even said to my mom once that I hated flowers and sunshine. Who hates flowers and sunshine?? Thank God I balanced out and my anima pushed it's way through. I don't really care about Dolce & Gabbana, but i would like to know how to sew and I would love to know how to actually do something to my hair other than putting it up in pigtails, which makes me look like a ten-year old. Plus I love flowers and frilly martinis and wearing skirts and baking cookies and being neurotic and pretending things are fine even when I'm really mad........so I guess I am in fact a girl. yay.
Side note: Girls bake and guys watch sports. Those aren't narrow-minded stereotypes at all.
Lilacs.
My favorite flower....and they're in bloom right now! But get your fill while they are here...they don't last long :(

3 comments:
The Browns had a great draft. They finally made a conscious effort to build an offensive line. Cleveland should have done this instead of grabbing Tim Couch and treating past drafts like fantasy football. You guys might–just might–be good this year.
i love lebron james. i love cookies and cakes. i love pink and i especially love lilacs. i stopped and smelled some outside of a building before lunch up near the student union.
and ugh - my 20 year old self was no prize either. wide leg jeans, thrift store t-shirts, bad make-up, pig tails and a penchant for all things pantera and misfits. we've come along way buddy!
let's hear it for anima!
mike-yeah, you're right...it wasn't a flashy draft, but they don't need flashy. they need a team. and they should have done it from day one with the new browns. oh well. so far...so good :)
lizette-our 20-year old selves were so similar! oversized pantera and misfits t-shirts...maybe throw in a couple of tool shirts and that was my wardrobe. heh. it's nice to finally be girls :) although i really haven't seen you in person since you were that version of you...crazy!
Post a Comment