Game 1 sucked. balls. I really wish we could have had that back...but we can't, so we move on.
And that day was actually a great day. Nikki called off...I absolutely LOVE when my friends call off and hang out with me. And the weather was insanely amazing so we decided to pack up a cooler and head to whiskey island. It was great. A great way to spend a Wednesday afternoon. We drank magic hat all day in the sun on our sweet lawn chairs and then went to the sunset grille. I want to say it was one of the best burgers I've ever had, but I was a little tipsy so you never can tell. I will need to go for round two. Not like I need a reason to have more burgers. Mmmmm. red meat. I didn't eat a lot of red meat when i was with Ray because he doesn't eat it. Since we broke up, I swear I have been making up for lost time.
Anyway, whiskey island is such a cool place. I mean, you can hang out all day in the sun and it's free. I love free stuff. Even if you have a job, free stuff is still sweet.
After I threw a burger into my stomach, we went over to R.Kelly's house to watch the game. Good times. Minus the part where the Cavs lost. Boooo.
The next game? UNbelievable. I mean, holy crap. My formerly unemployed friend Genny and I went to the Reddstone (she had a coupon from some website) so we had lots of great food and didn't spend that much money. I mean, kobe beef corn dogs? YES. And we had lots of leftover food so my next three meals were taken care of. Hell yes. That is key when you're broke.
We then went for cheap beers at PJ McIntyre's...I think we got buckets of bud light for ten bucks. Not bad. There are Cavs specials all over the place, so I've been trying to take advantage of that. And West Park can be a fun place to hang out sometimes. Pretty cheap.
But WHO CARES about that.....back to the game. When stupid Hedo or whatever the fuck his name is hit that two to put the magic in the lead, my stomach dropped. Everyone in that bar felt the same thing. It was so quiet. and sad. I couldn't even look when they started the play with ONE SECOND LEFT. I had a little conversation with God that went something like this:
"Hey God. What's up. So....I know sports are not the most important thing in the world. I don't want to pray for the Cavs to win, because that seems pretty shitty when people are starving and dying and there are much more pressing things going on. But, this city could really use some lifting of spirit. It would make so many people so happy. And that's a good thing, right? I know there is only one second left, but if You want the Cavs to win, we will. Like I said, if they lose, it's cool. Not a big deal. People will be sad because the season will be over...but it's okay. Again, more important things. But if they win......"
And then my conversation was interrupted by screaming. I look up to see the ball going in, then see the score. We FUCKING WON. Yay! Thanks Jesus. Thanks LeBron :)
I have been watching THAT moment over and over again. My sisters and I all have the Tait call as our ringtone on our phones. I never want to answer my phone because I want to hear the whole call. It's just so amazing. That happened. in CLEVELAND.
The rest of the weekend was good. I got two pairs of one dollar flip-flops at old navy on saturday. yay. you can never have enough flip flops, especially when they are one fucking dollar. one black, one brown...and the only reason i even got those is because i have small feet and my weirdo size was still left. People DESTROYED old navy that day. I wanted a whole bunch of different colors like they show in the arms of the modelquin on the commercial....but unfortunately people in Cleveland are just as broke as I am and they flocked to that place early to get the sweet deal. I am NOT getting up early to stand outside of Old Navy like a savage for dollar flip flops, no matter how broke I am. Insane.
Sunday my parents had a cook-out that involved margaritas that my dad made with fresh strawberries. mmm. My mom made some yummy bbq chicken and I made some corn, avocado, tomato and black bean salsa. it was good stuff...although next time I will make it with more heat. more jalapeno for sure. oh and mary made veggie pizza. num num. and there was also kickball and the opening of the tiki bar. yay for summer.
I also made a berry cobbler. How cute is this? Throw some whip cream on the shit and you got your red, white and blue. Yeah.Holy shit. this is a long blog. I think it might be time to stop typing. Jeez. Anyway, I have to go prepare for this game tonight by getting drunk by myself in my apartment. I just don't have the energy to go out. and if they lose....no one wants to see me cry. Heh.

No comments:
Post a Comment