Thursday, August 20, 2009

You know how I know you're gay? You listen to Coldplay.

So...I was told that my job is going to be a permanent position. Yay! I am so excited for myself. Seriously, I love the job. My whole unemployment thing actually sort of feels like a blessing. I mean, I got paid to NOT work for six months, and now the job I have is so exciting and different. I am doing such a variety of things. Although I did really like my last job, it's very easy to get stuck in a rut as a publishing designer. And this is completely different. it's great. I feel challenged and inspired and I feel like I'm on the edge of something that could be really amazing.

Anyway, enough of that. It's a hot summer night and I am smoking a cigarette and drinking a glass of pinot grigio. I have a new love for white wine, by the way. The Italian in me is very upset at this, but it is sooo yummy. I can't believe I never liked it before. So much more refreshing in the summer than the reds.

I am staring at a mountain of empty boxes that need to be packed. Nikki and I are moving in together in just over a week! That is another thing I am excited about. Yes, I am moving in with my wife and kids. We found a great place on the west end that is going to be fun AND economical. My rent is a lot less, and I have a buddy to drink wine with instead of just bunny. Bunny is getting realllly tired of my stories.

I do love my apartment. If anyone is looking for one, this is a great place to rent. I am just a little tired of apartments in general. I'm so excited to have a yard. And a driveway. And a basement. And a GARAGE! it's going to be sweet. Seriously sweet.

One rainy Saturday a few weeks ago, Nikki and I started drinking in the afternoon...which isn't really that weird for either of us I guess. We are probably the perfect roommates. Anyway, I made some couscous and grilled squash for lunch, and afterwards we stared at each other as we tried to figure out what we wanted to do with ourselves. What DID we do? We went to Target and registered. As a couple. I've always wanted to do it, so it was pretty fucking hilarious. I'm sure no one will buy us anything, but it was worth it just to see the look on the woman's face when we took the forms up to her and she said, "is this for a baby shower?"....and then we shook our heads....and she said, very uncomfortably, "um, bridal?". Yes, bridal. By the way, I'm the husband. makes sense I guess :)

The funniest things were when we debated on which TYPE of patio table to get, or what specific potholder we wanted. I mean, seriously? So great. But you know what? I've been to 8 MILLION baby showers and weddings and wedding showers.....so in a very Carrie-esque way, we were like, "dude, you guys owe us". Which is what we wrote on the registry too, I think.

And oh, did you know if you register for Depends it falls under the "small appliances" category? wtf!

As we were walking around, Nikki asked me if I think we look like lesbians. I said, no dude. Not at all. Then when we left, we caught a glimpse of each other in the mirror on the way into Giant Eagle to buy some high life....and we both started cracking up. I was wearing a Browns t-shirt, jeans, flip-flops and I had my hair pulled back with barely any make-up on. She had pretty much the same thing going on, but with a Cavs t-shirt.

yeah. we looked like serious lesbians.

whatevs. let people think that i guess. Actually, let them buy us some shit at Target :)

1 comment:

mickeyriv said...

yeah, but at least you're pretty lesbians...