Friday, August 21, 2009

There's always this year...Brett Favre.

Oh Brett, you silly thing. You're as indecisive as I am.

Of course I will cheer him on (my buddy Rob should be happy about that one. Go Vikes!); he's Brett freaking Favre. But if I hear one more sportscaster talk about how "childlike" he is I think I might scream. And THAT will be very childlike, trust me.

It's like they don't know what else to say about him. The guy likes to play football and he doesn't want to stop. So what. What the fuck is childlike about him? That he just slings the ball across the field in hopes that it goes to the right place? Maybe. But dude is like 40. Give up the kid comparison already.

Speaking of kids.....my little monster tomato plant is bearing much fruit (or vegetable....did they ever come to a conclusion with that argument? tomaydo, tomahdo, fruit, veggie...whatever. they are yummy). Today I went outside to water the proud fruit bearer, and I noticed her first red tomato! Well, it's not completely red, but it's getting there. I'm so proud of Dirty D. I love my little red baby and I can't wait to toss her in a salad.

Heh.

I said toss her "IN" a salad. You're gross.

When you work, sometimes you forget about summer. I don't want to forget about summer. At least I'll be in a house soon where I will be able to sit outside and enjoy the rest of it. Outside in the yard, and not on my balcony where I stare at the bus stop peeps and they stare back at me.

Creeeeeepy.

One last thing. There is a billboard on the shoreway (going west) by the Browns stadium that says, "Well within reach" with an Indians player reaching for a ball. Is that some kind of sick joke? I realize that at the ad campaign's conception there was a much larger chance that the Indians would do well. But, Medical Mutual of Ohio, did you NOT learn anything from the last ad? It said, "There's always this year" with a Browns player doing something (probably throwing a pick or dropping the ball).

I mean, really. I had to look at that thing every day and feel embarassed. And now this. Thanks.

I would say you are jinxing the sports teams, but this is Cleveland. Everyone knows that jinx is much bigger than you. You are just reminding me of it everyday after a long hard day at work.

Maybe you should stick to ads with doctors and babies and old people.

Better yet, how about a a picture of little Brett enjoying his retirement?

2 comments:

mickeyriv said...

"Well within reach"
both does and does NOT describe any and all cleveland sports teams...
just sayin'

theghosher said...

Oh yeah... Bring on number 4. Although I pretty much refuse to buy a Fav-ruh jersey... I just can't bring myself to do it.