Okay, listen. I am one of the LAST people to EVER condone animal cruelty. I can't stand people that hurt animals (except cats. fuck cats! i'm kidding...sort of). anyway, I cry like a baby and have to leave the room when a dog fighting documentary or even one of those sarah mclaughlin abused animal commercials are on tv. (then again, that sarah mclaughlin song can be playing with a picture of a guy taking a crap and i would probably cry. it's a sad song!). seriously though, i can't stand to even think about animals being hurt. it's heartbreaking.
and I lived with the most precious little puppy ever for a few years. she was the most well-trained, adorable, kind and loving thing I have ever known. and she was a pit bull. so when people fight pit bulls i get realllll upset. fired up crying angry rage upset.
mike vick pissed the FUCK out of me. and at one point i had really liked him. I almost bought a jersey! and i don't buy jerseys that aren't one of the crappy browns jerseys. my sisters and i DID buy my little brother a vick jersey. so yeah...when all the shit happened with him and dog-fighting, i was furious. not that anyone read my lame ass myspace blogs...but i wrote a real long letter to mike vick going on and on about how he can go pretty much fuck himself sideways (uh...whatever THAT means).
so...with that being said, I AM OVER THIS SHIT. give the dude a second chance. people are going NUTS over this and it's driving me crazy. Ray Lewis KILLED a guy and there wasn't this much anger towards a player. Donte Stallworth LITERALLY killed a guy and people aren't as mad.
Vick never ONCE blamed his upbringing, but i'm sure that had a lot to do with it. he never ONCE blamed anyone else....and whether he is actually sorry or just wants to play football and make some money....it doesn't reallly matter at this point. he won't be dog-fighting, that's for sure. AND...even though a lot of horrible things came out of the whole thing (poor little puppies)......i think a lot of good came out of it as well. for one, dog-fighting was kind of under the radar. not a lot of people really knew about it. definitely not the little white suburban kid with the vick jersey. and now....they do. now everyone does. so maybe more of it will be stopped..... or even better, never started. AND the humane society really speaks highly of vick. maybe it's just because they can use him as a tool to talk to impressionable kids about dog-fighting, from a guy they will actually listen to because he's a football player. but does it matter? he might be using them and they might be using him....but I think a LOT of good will come out of it. Not only awareness of animal cruelty, but actually doing things to help stop it. He is sooo in the spotlight and he always will be. So this issue will be as well.
PETA hasn't approved of him yet or whatever. You know what? FUCK PETA. I can't STAND peta. they are INSANE. do you eat meat? they don't like you. they want to throw cow blood on you. screw peta...they are a bunch of crazy nutjobs. who CARES what they think. and they will be the jerks standing outside of the eagles games with their protest signs. why can't they get over it? because they can't use him too?
one last thing. a lot of people that can't get over the vick thing....these same people would never actually own a pit bull. and a lot of them are the same people that are trying to pass laws AGAINST people owning pit bulls. it is NOT the fault of the dog that their owners sometimes suck. and it's not the fault of a good owner that other people don't know how to raise an animal. you can't bring a pittie into lakewood right now. it's seriously illegal. Because the same bitch that is calling into Mike and Mike in the morning about how reprehensible it is that the Eagles signed Michael Vick was also telling my ex-boyfriend and I that we could no longer keep our very well-loved puppy.
People are so retarded.
One last thing. I am not a Michael Vick fan anymore. As soon as he did what he did, I was done. it was so horrible i don't even want to think about it. i always think about poor little Page and if someone had tried to fight her. i really can't stand asshole dog owners. and even worse, dog fighters.
But I don't HATE the guy. I do NOT like him, that's for sure. But who am I to try and prevent him from living his life? Seriously dude. are you perfect?
I know that not a lot of people will agree with me, and a lot of people will be pissed that I could even say this. Whatever. Maybe I'm naive, but I'm willing (and hoping) that the dude changed for the better and that the rest of the country will recognize dog-fighting as a much more serious moral AND criminal offense.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment