Monday, July 20, 2009

And this one girl at work, she talks about eating babies and beer cereal. And i said to her, i said....

Am I the only one that is totally freaked out by Meryl Streep? I mean, yeah, she's a good actress and all that...but um...she creeps the fuck out of me.

So it's Monday and I survived a week of work. I still really like my job. I am not, however, going to talk about it. Three reasons.

1. whether good or bad, it's not respectful to the company you work for or your fellow employees.
2. i started this blog because i was unemployed. kind of ruins the whole vibe of it all if i talk about work.
3. no one gives a shit about your job except the people who work with you. seriously. no one cares about so and so in accounting or that guy who always talks too much or julie smith who had surgery on her ankle ten years ago and now every time it rains she bitches and moans to you at the coffee machine. NO ONE CARES. not your sisters, not your mom, not your friends....and definitely not you boyfriend, your husband or your dad. Most girls have a little more tolerance for this, and especially if it's someone they love, but dudes definitely don't care. They can love you to bits but they really don't give a flying fuck if there was cake in circulation this morning because it's tina shooley's 34th anniversary.

In a total contradiction to my previous statement, I do notice myself telling my buddy about work lately. I would like to think it's only because I just started and I want to tell someone about it....and he actually seems interested for the most part.....but at the same time I know it has to stop soon or else I will be telling him stupid details and he will be nodding but really thinking about banging Scarlet Johannsen.

I told him what I had for lunch today for crying out loud. and i think i even told him what i THOUGHT about getting for lunch, but didn't actually get. WHAT THE FUCK! it has to stop. Tomorrow. Tomorrow it will stop.....and if it doesn't, someone please slap me in the face.

I'm just excited about my job. That's the excuse I will keep using. For now. I think you can only use that excuse during the first month of employment. After that, you are just being a boring retard.

I am having a very amazing dinner right now. A beer and cereal. Not a beer IN cereal. gross. A cold bottle of miller lite, and also a bowl of cereal. Sad? maybe. But i just didn't have it in me to make dinner for myself. And cereal is the only instant thing I have. But i did make it interesting. I mixed kashi strawberry fields and kashi blueberry oat clusters, and I sprinkled it with a dash of banana nut cheerios. what.

my dessert is a sweet marlboro ultra light. it has no calories and is surprisingly low in carbs. i did hear that it can give you lung cancer and death though.

my tomato plant is rocking. Today I saw the first little teeny tiny tomatoes starting to grow. I am sooo excited!! I have never been able to keep a plant alive, so this is a big deal for me. And i have never had a plant that actually gave me some shit back. that's what we call an investment, kids. even if it's a small one. at some point I will be able to go to my balcony and eat a super fresh tomato. for me, it's like having a baby. I nurtured it and it grew. And after it's grown, I'm going to eat my baby. And it's going to taste like love.

okay, enough for now. time to go stalk people out on facebook. I mean.....um, well yeah.

1 comment:

the erratic epicurean said...

meryl streep is amazing! are you referring to the ads for "julie and julia"? if you have not read this book - you should. it's awesome. and i bet the movie will be sweet!