Thursday, July 16, 2009

Are you still there God? It's me, Margaret...I mean, Krissy

Welcome to the working world. Whether temporary or not, I am working.

AND....I like it.

I'm a little stressed and a lot busy, but I really like my job so far. There are so many different things that I'm doing that I'm excited about. I hope that it ends up being a permanent thing, but we'll see.

Also, I am NOT going to stop writing my blog. Last week was "livin' large" week, this week is "adjusting to working" week. So, be patient, jerks. I will be continually gracing you with my amazing words of "making you stupider" very shortly.

"what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."


I want to talk about my fourth of july, because I don't think I did yet and I was just reminded of how amazing it was today. It started out pretty good. I got up semi-early and made corn and black bean salsa. Then my buddy and I went to my parents house for cookout fun times. We played cornhole, we drank margaritas at my pops tiki bar, he met grandma, we hung out with the family and the kids, we ate some yummy food....and then eventually we left and went back to my house. I live in Lakewood near Cleveland and there are fireworks everywhere. So why not enjoy them while i have the ability to walk to them?

When we got back here, my friend nikki and her dude were waiting for us. Got some road pops ready, (disguised as gatorade...we are soooo clever), and started walking towards edgewater. We ended up in spot with a whole bunch of people, but still managed to get right next to the lake and spread a blanket out on the grass. We were able to see Lakewood's fireworks as well as Cleveland's fireworks. It was AMAZING. Two at once, over the skyline and Lake Erie. I was so excited.

I've always been a sucker for fireworks. My dad always wanted us to call him "Mr. Fourth of July" when we were kids. We would go out to my mamaw and papaw's in Virginia, and he always gave us a show with all kinds of fun fireworks stuff. From snakes and bottle rockets to crazy big fireworks, we loved it. I was always worried about him hurting himself, (because I'm just like my mom...I worry a lot), but so far so good. Although one time he DID light one of those jumping jack things, and it DID jump right into the box with all the other fireworks, and he DID run inside while his wife and kids were outside with the flaming fireworks, and he DID point to the box from the window INSIDE of the house.....but whatever. he's still Mr. Fourth of July :)

So after fireworks time, my vodka....i mean...gatorade....started to kick in and we, um, crashed a party. yeah, we walked down edgewater, heard a party going on in someone's backyard, and uh, just waltzed in. We danced, had some keg beer, hung out by the lake, danced some more, socialized with random people, almost jumped in the pool.....it was hilarious. Also, it was a mansion. On Edgewater. And I waited in line to pee in their bathroom.

Insane.

I wish i could emphasize how crazy that was, crashing some rich person's party. Somehow the night ended up where we were all hanging out in my apartment playing Tecmo Bowl and drinking whiskey...but that part is a little fuzzy. My buddy went to bed a little earlier, and nikki and her dude were rolling around on the floor like burritos. I think i just pointed and laughed at them for a while, then eventually kicked them out and went to bed.

one of my top five fourths ever. good times.

Now, I am back to responsible Krissy. Working woman Krissy. I have to wear heels again! And business clothes! I have a reason NOT to wear flip flops and tank tops all day. Although that is great too.....it IS nice to finally have a reason to get dressed and be a part of the world.

I do miss sleeping in though. That is a little bit of an adjustment. But after I get to work, I'm so busy I don't have time to think about being tired. And that's how I like it. So....I don't want to like this job too much...but we'll see how things go in September.

Until then, have my people call your people.

:)

No comments: