Friday, July 3, 2009

Is it lonely up there on that pedestal?

I was listening to sports radio yesterday, and this idiot said that Ron Artest should have been kicked out of the NBA forever for jumping into the stands and going after the guy that threw the beer at him. That is RIDICULOUS. Seriously? You know what buddy, you and Joe Buck should just get on your high horse and get the fuck out of my face.

I know that Artest makes a lot of money...and the fans are a lot of the reason for that. He should have more class than to jump in the stands after a guy. But if someone throws a beer in my face, I'm sorry....it would be hard NOT to just let instincts take over and get in the guy's face. I thought it was HILARIOUS that some drunk idiot fan thought he could just throw a beer at a huge 6'7" dude and think that he could get away with it...like he was all tough and shit. And then that 6'7" dude turns around and comes after you....so great. I bet he shit his pants. That's what you get, loser.

Although I've never EVER harassed players in any sport (and never would, that's retarded), I have unfortunately been a drunk fan. I'm not proud of it...but I've actually THROWN beer on people at sporting events. I've also spit beer on people. All by accident, I swear. But if someone turned around and wanted to kick my ass, I probably would have deserved it. Thank GOD it was a girl drinking wine in a cardigan (AT A BROWNS GAME) and a little dude in a white wanna-be Armani suit (at the Kent MAC tourneys). I could soooo have taken both of them, even in my drunken stupor...and really, they probably needed a good ass-kicking. I mean...wine at a browns game?? COME ON. (In reality I sooo couldn't "take" anyone. I'm afraid of bugs. And the dark. And everything. So yeah...I don't think a girl who is 31 and afraid of the dark could beat up anyone.)

Anyway, I thought this same thing about Artest when it happened. And whether or not the Cavs get him (I heard he might go to the Lakers?)....it doesn't matter. I will still always think this same thing about him. Obviously not his shining moment...but I don't blame the guy and definitely don't think he should be kicked out of the league. They should, however, kick that fan out of the arena for life. He is ruining it for the rest of us.

I also always agreed with Tim Couch. I know i might get shit for this, but I always loved Timmy Couch. Seriously, when he flipped off the fans that were talking shit to him....I thought, "good for him". I can't STAND annoying fans, even when I'm one of them.

And Joe Buck...UGH. Can that guy be more pretentious? I still remember the Randy Moss moon incident. And you know...SO WHAT. Calm down, jeez. He acted like Moss just jerked off on national television.

The sports media can be so uptight! IT'S SPORTS!!! it's not like the fate of the world rests on the ass of Randy Moss. Sports is entertainment. Bitches need to lighten up.

Okay, that's all for today. Time to go find Shaq and throw a beer on him.

No comments: