Thursday, August 19, 2010

We built this city....

...on many things, and not a single one of them has to do with Lebron.

This town is going to be A-OK. So, we were all duped by an egocentric infant. We all put our faith in someone that we thought was the real thing, only to have that someone rip our hearts out. WE WILL GET OVER IT.

The Cavaliers could surprise us, who knows. If I were anyone on that team, I would work my ass off to show the world that I wasn’t just a scrub. That I wasn’t just a piece of Lebron’s twisted puzzle. And…if they don’t, well…..they are still our Cavs.

And in some weird ass way…isn’t it kind of fun hating Lebron? I mean, he couldn’t win us a championship. Every year was a serious disappointment. After those last few games I couldn’t help but think, “who needs you anyway?? Not us!” (which is sooo not true, because in many, many ways we needed Lebron). So if we can’t worship him, what’s the next best thing?

Hating his filthy guts! :)

And he makes it SOOOOO easy! I mean, now he’s saying that Akron people hate Cleveland people??? Speak for yourself, buddy! I mean, really. I know that there is a little bit of that in some parts of these great cities, but as a former resident of both I can attest to the fact that we all consider ourselves Ohioans. The Akron pride thing can seem a little facist at times, but they are just proud of their city. Other than my ex (you know who you are!), I don’t know too many Akronites that hate Cleveland. I know I love Akron!

I don’t know…maybe I’m being too cheerfully optimistic. Either way, if I were Akron I would tell Lebron to stop speaking for me. And then I would also tell him to punch himself in the nuts.

ANYWAY...how about those Browns??

I’m actually getting worried with all these injury reports. Hardesty, Zastudil, D’Qwell, and now Massaquoi? WTF?? I swear if Cribbs or Thomas gets hurt, I will throw a mini temper tantrum. For now, I am taking deep breaths and patiently awaiting the first (real) game. I AM SO EXCITED FOR FOOTBALL!!!! I just can’t take it! I went to training camp a few weeks ago, and they just looked great. And the first preseason game, they looked great again. But if I have learned anything in my 32-years of being a Browns fan, it’s that preseason means absolutely nothing. I mean, it’s fun to watch guys you usually don’t see play very much, and it’s fun to listen to Bernie. But we have many really wonderful preseasons, only to result in a horrible regular season.

We will see. No matter what, I’m excited! I can’t wait to get my heat warmers and my big browns coat and brave the cold snow off the shores of our lovely Lake Erie. Tailgating, football, friends……it doesn’t get much better.

Lebron WHO?

No comments: