Monday, August 16, 2010

Time to start collecting Star Trek action figures....

So my buddy nikki, my other retarded half, is moving to sunny Florida. I am going to miss her like crazy, but I am also excited for her at the same time. I seriously can't imagine her not being around....it really just hasn't hit me yet. it's going to be sad times when it does.

You know what's even more sad? My 32-year old ass is moving into my parents' basement through the winter. It's just for a few months, but I'm going to have a hard time being out of the city, and also not having all my things around me. People that are close to me already know this, but my parents house is full of other humans. It will be me, mom, dad, sonny boy, the girl, and grandma. my sisters and my niece and nephew all live within a mile of the house, so they are over a lot too. how crazy is it that I am going to live with my parents AND my little brother, my little brother's girlfriend, AND my soon-to-be 90-year old grandma? my soon-to-be 90-year old grandma that is not your typical milk and cookies, pinch your cheeks and say nice things grandma.....more like the you shouldn't eat that you're getting fat, why are you wearing that you like like a prostitute, bring me a better fork this one is too heavy, you shouldn't have put nuts in the carrot cake otherwise it was okay kind of grandma. but...she is getting old, she is still pretty witty and it might not be the worst thing ever to spend some time with her.

i say that now. ask me if i still feel this way in two months.

at least i will have a ton of blog material :)

i AM excited to spend more time with the family. and my bed will be lovingly placed right next to my dad's bar. there's a fridge, but no tap. i will have to work on that.

Another thing I'm excited about....football season is here!!!! yay!!! AND i am back on a fantasy team. Shake 'n' Bake has been resurrected. I didn't do it last year so i feel so out of the loop. i mean, LT was still the number one back on the list the last time i played. it has totally changed since then. and I'm in a league with my brother, brothers-in-law, and even my sisters! it's going to be sweetness. i seriously need to study up.

the effects of a whiskey island summer sunday are starting to hit me. time for some dinner, tv, and lots of zzzzzs.

No comments: