Monday, June 14, 2010

Make him an offer he can't refuse...

By now everyone knows that Tom Izzo has spoken with Dan Gilbert about his offer to coach the Cavs. I know Gilbert loooves Michigan State Universtity and the state of Michigan in general, but it feels like fanboy moves to try and get him to coach for us.

Not that Tom Izzo isn’t amazing. He is seriously one of the best college coaches of all-time. But I just thought it was kind of a weird move. Ideally, if money were no object, I would say he should probably stay in college ball. He’s just so good at it. BUT….all these people that are pissed off at him for considering the Cavs job are really getting on my nerves. Dan Gilbert offered him 30 MILLION dollars. At that point he really has to think about his family and his career, because with that money he is set for life. Whether or not the Cavs thing works out in the long run, he will be set, his kids will be pretty set. Secondly, maybe he actually wants to try something else out. He already mastered coaching college hoops. Why not try his hand at something else? It may not work out (and in most cases it doesn’t), but he might feel like he owes it to himself to try. The only way to really grow is to continually challenge yourself. This would definitely do that.

But….will Lebron stay? That feels like the deal maker or breaker. I mean, really…without Lebron, this team is shot. Izzo could still take the 30 million and coach the team, whether or not Lebron is there. But whether or not this will work out all depends on Mr. James. Mr. James, who is totally being a prima donna. I know he sort of has to be that way, but I feel like he is getting way too into it. and I mean, I want him to stay. He is an incredible athlete, and could very well be the best. But I’m sick of everyone fucking kissing his ass.

I was sooooo disappointed when he played those last few games against Boston. Not because he played shitty. Not because we lost. But because he didn’t even look like he cared. There was something different about him. In his eyes, in the way he carried himself…..in everything. You could see it. You could FEEL it. And you know what? FUCK HIM. This city went crazy supporting him and the team and sat on the edge of our seats with pain in our hearts as we watched him just GIVE UP. he fucking gave up.

Fuck him for that. seriously.

If he had some glorious unselfish reason that he gave up on us, I would love to hear it. because it felt like one of your heroes just ignored you and walked away.

With that said, I still want him to come back. Part of me doesn’t, but the other part really wants james and some really great roster moves. James and Bosch?? That would be amazing.


Right now I am in love with…

The Seidio phone case for my droid
Cilantro
Goat cheese
pamplemousse la croix
The mojito plant in our backyard
Lake erie monster
Butter and corn from Szalay’s farm
Liquid planet
The Blind Side and Michael Oher (even if he IS a raven now)
Rita’s Italian ice and custard
My new gingham sandals
rare to medium-rare prime rib burgers on the grill with fresh bread
Radlers and other types of Lemonade beer
Cupcake experimentation
How my niece literally knows all the words to "hey soul sister"
napping in the sun


Right now I have murderous thoughts about…

The Celtics
The constant horn sound during the world cup games…matches…whatever.
The assfucks at Conklin dairy farm
The spiders hanging out all over our back porch
People that talk for ten minutes straight without taking a breath
2:30 fatigue
the mess that is route 77


Aight. I'm out. one last thing....does anyone know when Gilbert became an Italian gangster?















Izzo and James? fuhgettaboudit.

No comments: