Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cranial Violations and Sodomy

8:15 am, CVS. I have to be at work at 8:30, and I’m looking at 15 solid minutes of driving from CVS to my office. So I am hoping my CVS visit is painless.

Why would I ever think that is possible? I don’t think you can EVER walk into a CVS or a Walgreens and emerge before twenty minutes of your life is drained from your soul.

All I wanted was something to drink (just one pepsi!) and I find it, but then realize because I have a one-dollar coupon I am about to put 59 cents on my card. So I study my surroundings for a minute, and then quickly decide on some True North almond, pistachio, pecan and walnut mix. I figured, it’s delicious, and I like to have it around for snacky snack time so whatevs.

When I walked in there was no line at all. Three minutes later, when it’s time to check out, the line has become a monster with two heads. So, I pick the smaller head, walk around the back of the store to get in the aisle where the line is, and assume the waiting position.

I wait while numerous people have serious issues with their CVS purchases. “I thought these were two for a dollar? The sign said it!” …“No sir, they are buy one get one free, and they are 1.49 each.” …“I’m not making this up, the sign said two for a dollar!!”. Seriously dude? I was ready to throw two quarters at him, then rip the sign off and plaster it on his face. Ugh.

Of course he was wrong.

In the other line, there is seriously a lady with one of those mini shopping carts, filled to the brim. WHO GOES TO CVS AT 8AM AND FILLS UP A SHOPPING CART??

When it is FINALLY my turn, the cashier in the other line asks me to step over. So I do. But while I step over, losing my place in my line (where I was ready to be rung up as soon as I walked away), a random savage comes up to him and asks him if they have some boxes he can have. He says no, and the guy can’t believe it. He asks him at least three more times, to which the cashier guy keeps saying no. He asks for the manager. The cashier guy says that he is the manager and then the savage throws his hands up and walks out, sans boxes.

SOOOOOO…..I give the guy my one dollar coupon, my drink, and my nuts. (heh. nuts.) The total comes up and I slide my card. I slide my card again. I slide it a third time. Card swiping error. I am somewhat insulted that the machine assumes it’s my faulty swiping, but I swipe again. The guy resets it and I swipe again. And again. And again. He just stands there and stares at me. I am looking at him for some fucking help, but instead he keeps pressing a button on the cash register and waits for me to swipe again. I swiped my card AT LEAST fifteen times before I was finally like, “UM…is there another way we can do this?? because obviously this isn’t working”. He then takes my card, swipes it on the register, and wha-la…it works. Holy fucking crap.

I don’t even think I took my receipt, and I am a receipt hoarder. I ran out of there faster than the Jon and Kate guy would now run out an anyone who utters the words “I’m pregnant”.

I got to work twenty minutes late. Twenty minutes I would have rather been actually working, or having a root canal, or punching myself in the face.

And the drink I got….SUCKED. thanks a lot CVS. Jerks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yah, CVS just basically sucks.....but around here, so does Discount Drug Mart. And Speedway. And Aldi's. And especially Giant Eagle.

Know what I think it is? Everything's a chain anymore...the employees are just part-time, low wage, no benefits cogs in a giant wheel. Management (in some batcave, somewheres...) makes the rules and then leaves their people in the stores to deal with it.

The best thing our representatives in government could do for us is to encourage and support small businesses...I almost NEVER have problems from a mom/pop shop.